Saturday, August 22, 2009

My First Hurricane

Ok, the picture is kind of misleading. This obviously isn't New Hampshire. While we do get the occasional hurricane, we are too far north and inland to get much hullabaloo from the storms. We really just get the leftovers as the storms move their way up the coast.

Last night, Bill blew in at around 7pm. Ryan and I looked out the window and saw very angry looking clouds on the horizon. We decided to sit in our rocking chairs on the porch like little old people and watch the light show. And what a show it was. Clouds churned faster than I have ever seen and lightning lit up the sky. The thunder even shook our windows a few times. We were greatful for the respite from the heat and humidity, which were pretty unbearable. It was a fun ending to a great day, sitting out in our rocking chairs, holding my son, and marveling with my husband at the power of Mother Nature. Good times.

3 comments:

  1. Great picture, but somehow I missed seeing Hawaii trees (Evers fam. word) when I was in NH. Actually, the storm sounded pretty cool - at least from your safely inland perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing better than being able to sit from a safe distance and enjoy a good summer storm and all it's splendor, except being able to do it with your loved ones! :) I so wish that I could have seen it. I love storms and we haven't gotten too many good one's here this year. The best one's I've ever seen were in Kansas. Glad to hear you all safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Aren't you glad that picture wasn't what you were seeing? I have to admit that for a girl living as far away from that kind of storm as I do, that terrifies me. I'll take my fault lines and active volcanoes any day, thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete