Thursday, November 5, 2009

Camping Trip

No, I did not go camping. I was not invited, but I wouldn't have gone even if I was. I love my bed. And my shower. And my flushy toilet. And being warm. Ryan, however, lives for that nature stuff. His 11 yr old scouts have been SOO excited for this trip because he promised to take them SHOOTING as long as their dads came too. I got the scoop from Ryan and it sounded like they had so much fun. There were fire building competitions, smores, dinner by campfire, and I'm sure lots of other rugged stuff.
This is how Ryan spent the night. I might remind you the November is not warm here.
The boys AND their dads were in seventh heaven playing with Ryan's toys. He is such a good teacher and can turn the most staunch critic into a seasoned target shooter in one lesson. Mom and Dad, am I right? Ryan also got to take his new truck off roading to get to the camp site. He was adamant that he would not be a "poser" and only drive his tough truck on the pavement. It even got its first little scratch on the trip, but Ryan didn't shed a tear.
I also got a new car. I will post pictures of the new Mom Mobile soon. Can anybody picture me driving a mini van?



2 comments:

  1. Boy Cindy, I just don't understand WHY you prefer your toasty warm kingsize bed to Ryan's camping set-up! I always refer to those incidents as "I love you very much, BUT not THAT much!!" (Tell me all about it when you get home...)
    And my baby grandson is adorable! Those pictures are so so cute!
    CA Grandma
    PS - Yup, Ryan is an AWESOME gun-shooting teacher. Oh the joy of hearing the plink of the metal target or watching a soda bottle explode!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the really cool moms drive mini vans. It's true. Ask Amanda.
    I agree with you...Ryan's camping trip looks cold, and cold to me is, like, 40 degrees, and I'm sure it was even colder than that, so I am very impressed by his rugged-ness. Also, Christian is adorable...I miss his little boy grunts:).

    ReplyDelete