Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Explosion


Christmas has arrived at our house. Ryan's dental office has a big Christmas shabang every year, and since it is our first Christmas in our new home, we asked if we could host this year. We thought it would be fun. While the party itself was wonderful and everyone had a good time, I learned that the prep work for a holiday party is not as fun. In fact, it is a lot of work. Thank goodness Ryan took a week and a half off for Thanksgiving because every waking minute was spent cleaning, decorating, fixing, painting, raking, shopping...you get the picture. Phil and Sherrine came up to help us with odds and ends, like decorating the mantle, installing chair rail in the dining room, and fixing the garage door.

What happened to our garage, you ask? Funny story. Someone in our household was backing out of said garage and realized a little too late that they had not opened the door first. I won't tell you who it was because they would be embarrassed. The only hint I will give you is that that person's name does not start with a C. Luckily there wasn't a ton of damage and it was something we could repair ourselves.

Anyhoo, after a full week of work, the giant tree is up, the lights are lit, the stockings are hung by the staircase with care, and we are exhausted. But we are done decorating and it is only Dec 5th.

The party was a roaring success. Everyone had a fun time and the food was delicious! The best part was that it was catered, so I didn't have to do a thing in the kitchen. Not even one dish. They were awesome! Ryan got a Patriots hat with LED lights in the bill in the gift swap. Truly a treasure. And to make the evening perfect, it SNOWED for the first time this winter. Just a dusting, but it was such a festive touch. Winter is here and Christmas is just around the corner. This is my favorite time of the year. And don't worry, Ry. Your next vacation is only a few weeks away and you won't have to lift a finger. It might even be relaxing. Here are a million pictures that document our massive decorating efforts. And one of a really cute baby.

9 comments:

  1. Oh sure, you just couldn't wait to rat me out to everyone! You didn't even mention my truck has a backup camera and this is the 3rd time in our marriage that I've backed into something! Doh! I have no excuses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to point this out, dear, but it's actually the 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magical wonderland...like a postcard...and a magazine...a far cry from Greer house:). Could you email me your address? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crud, you're right...let's see...the garage, the mazda, the 4Runner, and that BMW 750-now THAT one was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Well done, you two! Love the snow coming on cue!
    (Actually, its nice to have a function at your house 'cause the decorating has a deadline. Now sit and enjoy the rest of December!

    Ryan, if there is such a thing as probation for backing OUT, you should be on it for the next 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The house looks awesome! Yeah, after hosting my first giant Christmas fiesta this year, I now get how much work it is... Good thing we have mothers/mothers-in-law that are willing to help AND are good decorators!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS house, Cindy! And I think the piano adds a very nice vintage touch:) ps Ryan and and Cindy, you do realize that you both live in the same house, and with a week and a half off from work, you probably could communicate in person.
    on second thought, I enjoy the dialogue. Continue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to post multiple comments, but I feel like I should let you know you guys can have all the photos you want from me. I really don't mind. The thing that pushed me over the edge was when a picture my nephew took ended up on a flyer in Salt Lake for some Christian Youth convention that he had no idea about. It was just a picture of his wife he took and they stole it and used it! I guess it happens all the time. I can't see anyone having any use for the pictures I take, but you never know. Anyway I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures and got some ordered. As far as I'm concerned they're all yours:).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw this, I have not had internet for a while;) Looks sooo amazing! I have not read up yet, but I love love love the decor! I especially like the pics of my cute little nephew with the mouth full of teeth!

    ReplyDelete