Friday, January 8, 2010

Product of the Month

Since we moved into our new house, we have had an ongoing battle with dust bunny tumbleweeds. I know why they call them dust bunnies now. They breed in new carpet and multiply by the hour. I usually lose this battle for a couple of reasons. One, I'm not that dedicated to housekeeping. It's more fun to play with my little boy than vacuum. Second, our vacuum sucks. Or more accurately, doesn't suck. It was a hand me down, and while we appreciated it, it was time to put the old bag to rest. It had a good long life of service but had become obsolete. Now that Christian is semi-mobile and likes to taste every speck he finds on the floor, we felt the need to upgrade and take better care of the floor.
After some research, we decided on this little beaut. The Shark Navigator. Let me tell you, this is an awesome vacuum. It TOTALLY sucks. Our carpet looks 100% better. It picked up so much fuzz in the family room that I had to empty the dust cup after 1 pass. We also got the little Shark for the hardwood and tile floors. I haven't tried it yet because Ry wanted to use it first. So far so good. If you are in the market for a new vacuum, this is it.

3 comments:

  1. I should post a comment on your sucky new vacuum, but I have to give a big WOW re: that frozen tree in your header. It is beautiful. That's a great perk for living in the frozen Northeast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, that's a sweet infomercial. you should check out the shark steam cleaner thing too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of the Sharks... I have the original steam cleaner, which is sweet. But I especially love the cordless vacuum that I got at CostCo. That one is AWESOME! And I just saw the infomercial for the new super-fancy steamer. I may have to upgrade... There is a coupon for CostCo for the new steamer this month.

    ReplyDelete