Monday, September 27, 2010

Live Free and Fly!

After we got married and I moved to New Hampshire, it was my job to be the "Ambassador of Fun." Meaning I did all the research to plan cool weekend adventures around where we lived since I hadn't found a job yet. Amongst our many adventures was a surprise birthday trip to SkyVenture in downtown Nashua. Yep, we went skydiving. Ok, indoor skydiving. I have always wanted to skydive, but I can't justify jumping out of a perfectly good airplane so this seemed like a good alternative. They take you into a giant vertical wind tunnel that simulates skydiving without any of the danger of falling to a gruesome death. I bought Ryan flight time for his birthday and off we went! We had a very fun time to say the least. I wish I had pictures to document the occasion, but sadly I do not.
We thought it would be fun to take Allie, Joe, and Thomas to SkyVenture so we got them all gift certificates for Christmas last year. We were finally able to go this past weekend (thanks Jinga!) Jen and Tagg decided they wanted to try too, so the Thomas crew sat on the observation deck to watch the Romney crew take flight. Here they are in their diving gear The kids were so brave! We thought they might be a little scared at first, but that was not the case. When it was their turn, they dove into the tunnel without a second thought.

They all did great! After all of paying customers have had their time, the instructor shows off what one can do with a little practice. Here he is in action.

We capped off the afternoon with a little Five Guys Burgers and Fries. What a fun day!

2 comments:

  1. I gave Issac a gift certificate to do this for his birthday too! He loved it, but I think would have prefered the real thing. I totally agree with you on jumping out of a perfectly good plane though! :)

    ReplyDelete