Tuesday, September 4, 2012

PRESCHOOL!!

Today was the big day! I was really excited for Christian to start school because he is so ready for more interaction with other kids. I was pleasantly surprised on our recent trip to CA when Christian and Trevor not only played together, but had a great time doing it with very few tantrums. He was a little disappointed when he found out that I would drive him to school instead of taking the school bus (we have several that drive up and down our street during the day.) But after I convinced him that the car was quicker, he hopped right in.
I admit I shed one tear after he walked off holding his teacher's hand, but I was mostly ok. I am so excited for him and I know that this is exactly what he needs! We are still working on potty training. There has been a lot of progress, but #2 is still a challenge. I will probably shed more than a few tears of joy when he figures that one out.

3 comments:

  1. Christian looks so happy! Such a major milestone in his young life. I'm thrilled he had a fun time his first day! Keep us updated....
    Love you!
    CA Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Christian! That is awesome that he wanted to ride the school bus so badly. And what's the deal with the Lego tower?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tower was just the toy of the day. He really wanted to bring it to preschool. He has since moved past towers and back to matchbox cars.

    ReplyDelete