Monday, March 18, 2013

What we have been up too...

Brace yourself.  I have not posted for a while and I need to get caught up.  Big time.  Last time I posted (last Sept,) Jeff was visiting with us in NH while he was completing a dental rotation.  Since then a few major things have happened to the Thomas family.
1. We are having another baby!  Baby girl #2 will be here May 27th.  We have no idea what we will name her and haven't really talked about it since there have been so many other things going on in our lives right now.  Christian has suggested that we call her  Baby Wipey (like baby wipes for diaper changes.) I'm not convinced.  The cousins have also suggested Ashley#2.  We'll see.  It has been a typical pregnancy, pretty easy beside the usual super tiredness during the 1st trimester.  The 2nd trimester was easy and great.  Now I am into the 3rd and the largeness and accompanying discomfort has set in.  I have already scheduled the c-section for Mon, May 27th, which is my parents' 41st anniversary.  I'm not really that sentimental, I just asked for the soonest date possible.  It is a nice coincidence, though.
2.  Ry ended his job at Clark, Leighton, and Thomas.  It is a good thing, and we wish we would have done a long time ago.  I'll spare the details, but it was clear that it was time we move our family away from New England.  We will miss Ryan's family there.  It was so nice to have them close and I got to know my in-laws well.  They are awesome and have been so kind and supportive.  It was hard to tell them we were moving, but we knew it was the right thing to do for our own little family.
3. We sold our house.  Fast.  Too fast.  I guess it was a good problem to have.  We put our house on the market in late October.  It was actually kind of hard.  Not just physically because of my pregnancy, but emotionally too.  It was our first house, the one we brought our babies home to, the gardens and trees we worked so hard on, the improvements we were so excited to complete.  But someone else saw the value of the love and care we had put into our home and we had multiple offers within a month.  We closed mid December to a nice family with a cute little girl around Ashley's age.  We headed off to Auburn for Christmas with the Evers crew and so we could make plans for our new life adventure.
4.  After living with my parents for 2 months,we moved to TEXAS!  Flower Mound, to be exact, a suburb of the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area.  We have been here for a month and a half now, and I love it.  It is warm.  People are so nice.  Our ward is great and the church is strong here.  They have In-N-Out and See's. There are lots of parks and playgrounds for the kids.  Christian has an awesome preschool which he loves.   We have a fenced yard that allows the kids to run around and play whenever they want.  They are happy, I am happy.  (Megan Bruschke, if you happen to read this, could you let me know if Shannon Petersen is still near Denton?  I would love to see her, but don't know how to get a hold of her.  Thanks!)
5.  Last but certainly not least, Christian is fully potty trained!  I know it took forever, but with all the chaos and transition over the past several months, I thought I would wait until we were settled to really push it.  All it took was a trip to Target for a Lightning McQueen potty seat, and C never looked back.  Number 1 and 2.  No accidents in in the past 6 weeks.  HOORAY!
I will try to update more (with pictures) as we do fun things here.  I try to get the kids out everyday before it gets too hot.  And I understand it gets REALLY hot here in the summer.  We will make the most of the fabulous winter/spring weather while it lasts and before the new little baby comes!

2 comments:

  1. Cindy, I can't believe that you moved to Texas! You need to add a little to your blog - what made you choose Texas? Whatever the reason, I am happy for you and hope that life there settles into everything you want!
    Shannon does still live in Texas - we have been out of touch for the last year, but last I knew she was in Krum, TX, which is only about 40 minutes from you! I have emailed her and asked for her address. I will let you know when I hear something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard from Shannon, but don't have an email or phone number to contact you with Shannon's info. How can I get in touch with you other than the comment section of your blog? Will you email me? megmccaul@aol.com

    ReplyDelete