Friday, July 17, 2009

Cali Vacation

Why haven't there been any new posts to our blog you ask? Its because we've been on vacation for the last month. I am very brave. I flew cross country by myself with my 2 1/2 month old son who only likes to be held if I am standing. I spent a solid 6 hours walking up and down the aisles of a Southwest plane trying to keep Mr. Cranky Pants at least semi happy. It was all for a good cause. I really wanted Christian to meet all of his Evers cousins. Jeff and Kelly and their two girls were also out for a visit before Jeff started dental school in Arizona. It was the first time we all got to see all of the new babies. Ryan joined us for the last week and a half. It was really nice to be together again after two weeks apart.
We started our vacation at Papa's beach house near Monterrey. It was so much fun to see all six kids interact. I have noticed that when my nieces and nephews want to play with Christian, they must put their little faces about a centimeter away from Christian's face. I don't know why, but Thomas, Scott, Elle, and Charlotte all do the same thing. Here is Elle moving in for a closer look. Funny kids.
It was so fun to see all of the babies' little personalities start to come out. This is one of my favorite pictures. I think it shows each of them perfectly. Trevor= chillin'. Christian= general disapproval. Laney= workin'out. We also took all six kids to get professional portraits done. They turned out very well and are posted on both Stacey and Kelly's blogs if you want to take a look. Here are some other shots from the trip.
Meeting the Great Grandparents


After an eventful day at Chuck E. Cheese

Battling the jungle animals with Trevor

I think someone might have gotten a hold of my camera...

Tubby time

First swim with Grandpa

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this post! We had so much fun seeing you and meeting our newest nephew! I did not realizt the flight was so horrible for you on the way out here! well this has inspired me to finish my CA post, as soon as we get our computer and desk all set up! We miss you! OH met your friend April and her family, she seems awesome and very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the beach house we used to go to with the YW? Oh the memories:) It's fun to see your little guy in action. Can't wait for October! (And your patio looks great)

    ReplyDelete