Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Behold the Glorious Bounty


We got home to NH last Wednesday. It has been very hot here for the last few weeks. So hot that they instituted an outside watering ban. You could water by watering can but not by hose. I don't quite get the logic, but we followed the rules anyway. Before we left we arranged for a kid in our ward to come over every other day to water the garden and flower beds. Our lawn has seen better days, but the garden is doing great! Here is what the beds looked like before I left


and when we got home


Geez! The melons are taking over our lawn! We have lots of watermelons, cantaloupes, beets, and cucumbers, still more zucchini and yellow squash than we know what to do with, and I also picked a few peaches. The corn should be ready soon. I learned a lot about what works and what I will do differently next season, but overall I'm pretty proud of our first little garden. I should have been a farmer.

4 comments:

  1. That is a bounty to be VERY proud of! Beautiful!!!
    Way to go Thomas family! (Remember last year you had 1 apple!)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I want to you can some of it so we can enjoy it in December...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! I can't grow anything but weeds! :)

    ReplyDelete