Monday, May 3, 2010

Easter in May?

No, we did not celebrate Easter in May. I just took my sweet time in posting the pictures due to the previously mentioned missing camera cable. Good news, I found it. We had the whole Thomas/Romney crew up to New Hampshire for the festivities. The weather cooperated beautifully for our Easter egg hunt, almost 80 degrees! This time last year the kids had to put on their parkas and snow boots to search for eggs in a foot of snow. Thank you, Mother Nature, for the early spring.
I busted out the fine china, crystal stemware, and Gammy's silver to set the table. I am really going to make an effort to use my nice stuff and not just let it sit in the china cabinet forever gathering dust. The table did look beautiful, even though it was a folding table borrowed from the church. Someday we'll get a real dining set...
The food was really yummy and I still have the bone from the huge honey baked ham in the freezer just waiting to be made into soup. I wish Gammy was here to teach me the secret to her delicious bean and ham soup. Here is the spread.
I decided to make an Easter egg cake for Christian's first birthday. It was two layers, one chocolate and one white with strawberry icing. It only took me a few hours and a major melt down after I dropped one on the layers on the floor to get this
I was pleased. We gave Christian the first slice thinking he would tear into it and devour it.
Not so much. This is what he really thought of my cake.
This boy definitely did not get my sweet tooth! Presents followed cake eating. Christian loves his new toys and still plays with them. Yes, that is a roll of toilet paper. Mommy wanted to get him a toy I KNEW he would love. Happy Easter, everyone!



2 comments:

  1. That is quite a spread! Where did you get the placemats and napkins?

    Yeah, I was also disappointed that none of my kids dove into the cake for their first birthday. Don't worry. I'm sure that sweet tooth is there... He is partly Evers after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the placemats at Christmas Tree Shop (only on the east coast.) They were super cheap- only $2 each, but really nicely made and looks like they will last awhile. The napkins and rings are from Pier 1. Love that place.

    ReplyDelete