Friday, June 18, 2010

Patti's Revenge

I was not my mother's neatest child. I was routinely grounded for not cleaning my room. I would prolong my chore of doing the dishes for HOURS. My clean laundry would remain unfolded until I wore it again. I have gotten much better over the years, but if you saw my house today you might think otherwise. But now IT'S NOT MY FAULT! This picture proves it.


My little tornado can empty a drawer in a split second, and as soon as I have that one picked up, he's off to make the next mess elsewhere. Yes, Mom, I can hear you laughing two thousand miles away.

5 comments:

  1. True confession: I was NOT the neatest child either. My mom had the same complaint about me. Obviously you got it from me...I hear Gammy laughing up in heaven.
    Mom (Patti)
    PS - Glad to see you have an bottom drawer that stuff can be thrown out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, July is going to be LOTS of fun! 3 babies competing to make the biggest messes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of what Andrew's mom keeps saying to me, "I hope you have a little boy just like Andrew." I thought she was being sweet at first but now I'm pretty sure she just wants us to go through the pure chaos that he put her through.

    I'm very scared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Motherhood = patience school

    Ryans "outfit" is AWESOME! (don't tell him I called it an outfit. Maybe "gear" is the right term). I was thinking about robbing your house but I'm over it now.

    and finally, there is a chance Jake and I might be in beloved Nevada County in July. We're trying to make it an anniversary trip. I haven't told him that our anniversary might include me taking off for a few hours with some of my best friends, but I'm sure he won't mind. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, I love your site! My house is the same way...I have a little blondie tornado too...and we are constantly cleaning up just to have another mess come through. :)

    Gotta love the kids. Your little guy is GORGEOUS! Here's to a safe and easy second pregnancy!

    Renee

    ReplyDelete