Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lake Winnipesaukee


Being a Thomas has its perks. This weekend we headed up to my sister and brother in laws' house on Lake Winnipesaukee. Yes, Winnipesaukee. I realize it has a silly name, but c'mon. Look at this place. It's gorgeous.

This is the lake that was in "What About Bob?" (I'm sailing!) The lakes region is a beautiful hour long drive from our house in Merrimack. We left our humble home Friday afternoon to drive to this palace on the water. This was the view from our room.


This is a water lover's paradise. Think of it as a super sized Lake of the Pines for rich people. Instead of old people riding around in golf carts, you have to watch out for the Marriots driving around in their vintage Rolls Royces. Christian went for his first boat ride on the "biggie boat"

we jetskiid till our thumbs were sore from holding the throttle,
splashed in the water,






played tennis, rested, and sunned on the beach to our hearts content. There was also much playing of Settlers of Catan (at which I rule,) and Hearts (at which I stink.) It was a weekend full of great company, tons of fun, and of course delicious food. Yes, that is rice crispy sushi with gummy fish. Probably the only sushi Mom would ever try. Isn't it cute?


Thanks, Jen and Tagg, for the SUPER FUN weekend! Can't wait to do it again!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Can I be a Thomas or a Romney...actually I think the Evers have a pretty good thing goin too! That looks so beautiful! Just a tad bit of jealousy coming from the desert! LOVE the sushi, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I totally agree with the being an Evers. I've always known that though! :) I am so thrilled for you and yes, just a tad bit jealous of the wonderful weekend you got to have. Someday I will have a house like that on the lake! One must have lofty goals right? :

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! I hate sharing my computer with my kids. I totally forgot to make sure that I was the one signed in before I posted a comment. No worries, you do not have some freaky stocker. OOOOOPS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! Cute videos and that sushi is very clever. Yup, I would eat that. Is there a peanut M&M version?
    Tough life for Baby Christian at age 1 - boating on Lake Winn... and water sliding in Maui within two months!
    We can hardly wait!!!!
    CA Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa. I'm behind on your blog! Yeah, I would eat that sushi for SURE!

    ReplyDelete