Monday, May 4, 2009

Home Sweet Home

This March, Ryan and I officially became grown ups. We decided it was time to make the jump from renters to home owners. We looked (and looked and looked) and finally found the perfect house for us two weeks before I was due with our first baby. I was pretty much useless during the move and poor Ryan had to do all of the packing. It was SO much work, but so rewarding! We had a great apartment in Merrimack, but I will not miss the greenish white walls, interesting smells in the common hallways, parking lot noise in the middle of the night, hauling groceries up 2 flights of stairs...
The house wasn't completely done when we moved in. It needed landscaping, paint, and another coat of asphalt on the driveway. Two weeks ago, the crews came over and finished everything in a few days. It was so fun to see the transformation of the yard.

Here's the before



And after


Ryan has grand plans for the yard but there is still so much to be done inside and out. This Wednesday's project include planting the fruit trees in the backyard and building planter boxes for the garden. Ryan and his dad will tackle those projects while my mother in law and I will work on organizing the reading room and family room (assuming I have a cooperative little boy.)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful home. I love the front porch and the shutters.

    ReplyDelete