Monday, May 4, 2009

The Little Guy

On April Fool's Day, our lives changed forever. Ryan and I welcomed our sweet little baby, Christian Clark Thomas to the world. I was never much of a baby person. I like them when they are at least 6 months old and you can play with them and see their little smiles and personalities. I was nervous that I wouldn't feel that kind of connection to an infant. I didn't believe people when they told me it was different when it is your own child. They were so right. I can't describe how much instant love I felt for this little guy. Even when he whines and cries (which is often)all I want to do is comfort and cuddle him to let him know how much he is loved.

I went into labor 2 days after my due date on Tues March 31st. After one premature trip the the hospital, 26 hours of labor, and 3 hours of pushing, my doctor told us that the baby was face up and would have to be delivered by c-section. I would have paid a million dollars to know this BEFORE labor, but oh well. Surgery went smoothly and Christian Clark Thomas was born at 10:51am April 1st. He was a healthy 8lb 4.4oz and 20.75in. The great thing is that now I can actually schedule the rest of my deliveries at my convenience. No more guessing on the birth date, relatives can fly out knowing they will make it in time, and best of all, no more labor pains! I suppose I can't complain. And Stacey and Kelly, you were right. The hospital RULES!


His first breath

Warning: Graphic video- my c-section!





2 comments:

  1. I will be the first to comment, yes it is about time! I love your blog already! Holy cow is that really what happens in a c-sec? I might be sick a little now:) I love him and cant wait to see you both in June! Oh and I love the improvements to the house! It looks fab, LOVE the shutters! mmmhmmm
    Kell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, Kelly beat me to be the first to comment... Way to go on the blog! If you have to live so far away, the least you can do is keep up updated with pictures and videos and stories on the blog!

    I'm not quite sure I am ready to watch the c-section video, especially since that could have been me...

    ReplyDelete